Thursday, October 16, 2014

AFB DAY 1

Day 1:
It has been a whirlwind of a day from leaving this morning at the crack of dawn and having every participant in my van asleep before we hit the interstate to crazy Walmart runs being a whole 68 cents under budget. It is truly heartwarming to see this trip that I have worked on since May come to fruition. But hands down the piece of this trip is nothing I have planned but the amazing people that make up my team. 

From my wonderful co- partner Sarah "The Greatest Van Driver" Copeland

To my van full of sleepy college students
These students continue to amaze and inspire me with their hard work, willingness to serve, and and great energy. 

Today we drove the 4 hour trip to Birmingham, got a weekend full of groceries, served alongside Ronald McDonald House (half of us [mainly me] got a little lost), had reflection time the Birmingham Civil Rights District (without having to pay for parking!!!), and ended our day with Taco Thursday. 

This adventure has just started but I know it will only be the beginning of a long journey.


-Kate Stamper


No comments:

Post a Comment