Friday, October 17, 2014

Boys and Girls Club


Hey, everyone.  My name is Emily, and I'm another member of this fabulous Alternative Fall Break group. What's up?

This afternoon we went to the Boys and Girls Club in Hueytown, Alabama, about twenty minutes from Birmingham. When we got there, the staff gave us a tour of the facility, which looked like a small school with two buildings: one for younger kids and one for teens. After the tour, the staff let us loose to hang with people and explore. We did everything, from finger painting to basketball and video games. Some of us even relaxed and watched movies.  I especially loved building creative shapes out of dominoes and knocking them down.

This was my favorite part of the trip so far because I got to relive my childhood and have some really interesting conversations with some of the people at the Boys and Girls Club. It's true what they says: kids really do say the darnedest things. If I could time travel, this afternoon would be one of the times I'd revisit! :)

Well, that's all for me! More to come tomorrow.

Talk to you all later,
Emily Starnes

No comments:

Post a Comment